Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shilparamam

Today Preethi, Madhu and I played hooky for a few hours in the afternoon and went to visit Shilparamam, a seasonal bazaar new Cyber Tower. I was blown away. My notes will be few; mostly I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. For larger images, visit the web album.

Just inside the entrance was a Kashmir goods vendor, with lovely scarves, ponchos and other woven pieces. Here's a sample of his Pashmina scarves.



Madhu bought this lovely poncho for herself.



These embroidered pieces are from the stall next door.



I'm still looking for nice metal bangles for Katy. Hopefully she'll tell me if any of these catch her fancy.



These earrings are from the same vendor.








I wandered along, browsing in various stalls, until I rounded a corner and came upon this amazing scene.















Finally, I snapped this scene on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment