Saturday, March 1, 2008

Another long day

So the Blogger interface is IP-address-sensitive and presents the login page in French. Appropriate, of course, but nonetheless disturbing.

Shyam and I just got back from a loooong dinner at Restaurant Cerdan, a truly delightful little place near Place de la Comedie. 14 Euros brought me a delicious salad with chevre and toast, some very fresh, nicely prepared fish in with rice in a delicate sauce, a small carafe of red wine, chocolate mousse for dessert, and cognac. Outrageous!

Work today was long and frustrating. I lost my temper - never a productive thing to do, the momentary relief is followed by hours of regret. On the one hand, I really do understand our goal, and it kinda-sorta makes sense, but on the other, it just seems so idiotic (which means, in my self-centered world, "not the way I would do it"). I'm better at this than I was 20 years ago, but - DAMN!

I want Katy here with me so badly I can't stand it, but there's no way to know how long I'll be here, so I've told her not to try to get a plane ticket. It would suck to have her arrive just as I'm leaving. Sigh.

Ah, well, I get to sleep in tomorrow - we aren't starting work until 10AM. Imagine that!

(Hi, Krishna!)

No comments:

Post a Comment